To become a member of one of Suffolk’s premier golf clubs, host of the 2019 County Amateur Championship and the 2021 England Golf Captains’ Tournament, first check out the membership categories available. Stowmarket Golf Club is also proud to be a signatory to England Golf’s Women in Golf Charter, demonstrating our commitment to creating a more inclusive culture for women and girls.
Once your application is received you will be invited to attend a short, informal meeting with members of the Membership Committee. It is a two-way meeting that enables you to feel secure in the fact that you have joined the right club. It also gives us the opportunity to show you around the Club and talk you through the day to day running.
If you have not played here before then do contact Trevor, the club manager, who will guide you through our membership packages and arrange for you to come and try the course. The cost of this round will be deducted from your subscription if you take up membership.
The men’s section at Stowmarket golf club is a strong but very social part of the club. Whether you want to play weekend or mid- week, competitive or more social golf there is always a group to join.
As well as entering teams in county competitions like the Stenson Shield, Hambro Cup and Tolly Cup we also play in the Curry Cup. On top of this we have numerous friendly men’s matches run on a home and away basis, where all players can participate.
Here at Stowmarket Golf Club we have a thriving Seniors section open to all men age 55 and over. We are a very active section.
Throughout the year we have:
- Many competitions with prestigious cups and trophies to be won;
- Stableford/Medal competitions on the first Tuesday of every month which are usually followed by lunch. The top three from each month then compete for the Seniors Trophy in September;
- Individual and pairs knockout competitions in summer and winter;
- Special golfing events throughout the year – Captains Day and Invitation Day in summer, a “Turkey Trot” Progressive Stableford with Christmas lunch in December, and the Captains “final fling” in March;
- From March until October some 32 matches (16 home and away) played with other local clubs and all Seniors are most welcome to sign up for these.
- Matches with the Ladies and Juniors sections.
The very popular annual Seniors’ Captain’s dinner takes place in February and our AGM is held in early March.
The “Mecca” of the Seniors section is the notice boards just inside the men’s changing room. Here you will find our contact details, the fixture list, the entry sheets for Seniors matches and all our competitions, all the results and other information about the Seniors activities. (Details of all Club competitions, social events, and other Club information are to be found on the main notice boards at the bottom of the stairs). All this and more can also be found in digital format in the member’s area of the website (Seniors section) and also on the ClubV1 app.
Please contact Mike Helliwell: [email protected] – 01449 673237 for any further assistance.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, approachable bunch and warmly welcome any new ladies joining Stowmarket Golf Club.
Our main competition day is Wednesday, when we have a reserved tee time from 08.15am until 12 noon (our alternate competition day is Saturday). Each Wednesday there is always something going on, whether a qualifying competition, pairs or team event, one of our Socials or a Trophy day. Throughout the year we also hold social events (we’re not just known for our golf!), for example the New Seasons’ Dinner and Christmas Lunch. All members are invited to join in these events. We are a very active section!
Every autumn you will receive a diary sheet showing the ladies’ competitions to help you arrange your golf for the year. If you don’t want to sign up for a year, or you have joined mid-year don’t worry, as you will generally be able to get a game by signing up to the find a partner WhatsApp group.
There are 13-hole fun competitions (Socials) run approximately 10 times a year by the Ladies’ Committee. These are usually played in teams of 3 or 4 ladies of varied handicaps, with groups being ‘mixed up’ each time. This helps existing lady members and new or less experienced members to meet and play with different people. We would encourage all new members to play in these socials as it’s a fun, informal way to get involved. If you haven’t yet got a handicap you can still participate.
If you already have a handicap the Club Manager or the Ladies’ Handicap Secretary will be able to add you onto our club computer system. If you don’t yet have a Handicap we will help you to get one.
There are notice boards in the ladies’ changing room where you will find:
- General information and the Ladies Captain’s notices
- Sign-up sheets for the socials
- Sign-up sheets and information for friendly matches / inter-county competitions
- Booking for our medals and stableford is done on line.
There are plenty of activities going on throughout the year to keep you active and entertained but our main aim is to ensure that you enjoy your golf in a safe environment whilst having fun.
- Coaching. Our Club Professional and his assistant, who are both PGA qualified, run coaching sessions with the main one being held on Saturday mornings.
- Roll-Ups. We hold a roll-up session on Thursday evenings at 5.00pm from Spring to Autumn.
- Competitions. There are various competitions you can enter free of charge throughout the year.
- Fun Days. These days consist of fun competitions for both individuals and teams and are designed to help you meet your fellow Juniors and are for all levels of ability.
- Practice. There are a variety of practice facilities that you can use including a putting green, chipping area with bunker, practice range and nets and an Academy course where Juniors have priority.
- Matches. There are a few interclub matches each year with other local clubs.
- Golf Sixes. This is a county competition and we have a squad of 12 players 6 of whom play against other teams in our league over a shortened course of 6 holes.
We have a warm and welcoming club house which you can use, with changing facilities and somewhere you can get a drink and something to eat.
Parents are always welcome and are encouraged to come along to watch over their children but rest assured that if you can’t come, all of those who help with the Juniors are fully certified to do so and hold Child Safety accreditation.
We have a WhatsApp group and would suggest that you join as it provides all the news on what is happening with our Junior section. If you have any questions you can always contact one of the members of our Junior Helpers Team who are Jonathan Markham, Barry Austin, Kelly Withers, Ben Gambling, Kenton Jameson and Rick Hearn.
All playing subscriptions exclude local and national affiliation fees.
A joining fee of 50% of your subscription fee is payable when an offer of membership is taken up.
|Full 7 Day Men & Ladies||£1,040||Junior 11-18||£104|
|Senior 80+ Men & Ladies||£780||Junior Under 11||£0|
|Intermediate age 19||£208||Flexible||£520|
|Intermediate age 20||£239||Off Peak (Pay & Play)||£315|
|Intermediate age 21||£270||Country 1||£520|
|Intermediate age 22||£302||Country 2||£832|
|Intermediate age 23||£333||Clubhouse||£50|
|Intermediate age 24||£364|
|Intermediate age 25||£416|
|Intermediate age 26||£520|
|Intermediate age 27||£624|
|Intermediate age 28||£728|
|Intermediate age 29||£832|
|Intermediate age 30||£936|
Fairway Credit is a provider of finance for golf memberships and they may be able to offer you a service. Please click the banner for further information.
Hole by Hole
Become a Member